Surfrider Vancouver Island has partnered with the Vancouver Island Green Businesses Certification (VIGBC) program to launch a campaign that links businesses to responsible actions that will help keep our local beaches and waterways clean.
Surfrider Ocean Friendly Businesses are certified for taking leadership in reducing their overall plastic footprint. The entire VIGBC certification, including a Surfrider Approved decal to be used for display, is $250/year and 10% of proceeds will go to the local Rise Above Plastics program, which reduces the impact of plastics in the marine environment.
Benefits of becoming a Surfrider Ocean Friendly Business
Approximately 90% of the waste found on local beaches during Surfriders’ regular beach clean ups are single-use plastics. Displaying a Surfrider ‘Ocean Friendly Business’ decal on your shop door signals to customers, other business owners and your community that your business is actively working towards reducing unnecessary single-use plastic waste in your establishment.
When you become a Surfrider Ocean Friendly Business, you will be recognized in the following ways:
- Listed on our Surfrider Ocean Friendly Business page with a link to your website.
- One social media post introducing your business as a certified SFVI Ocean Friendly Business on SFVI Facebook and Instagram accounts (~5000 active followers).
- Be showcased at the beach cleanup attended by your business’ owners/managers/staff.
- Complimentary entrance to SFVI exclusive events.
- Advertising in our Monthly newsletter (approx. 1100 reached); listing on the Vancouver Island Green Business Collective directory.
To become SFVI Ocean Friendly Business certified, please contact email@example.com