Surfrider Vancouver Island highlights local businesses that support our chapter programs and take leadership in creating a greener and more sustainable local community.
“It was a natural fit for Niagara Grocery to become involved with Surfrider, and participating in beach cleanups is a great way to give back to our community, our environment; to the sea. We are looking forward to more opportunities to collaborate in the future.” – Jen, owner of Niagara Grocery
Niagara Grocery supports our Combing the Coast program. Niagara is located in James Bay and is the oldest grocery store in Victoria. They have friendly and helpful staff.
Here are a few things that make Niagara so awesome:
- Minimize packaging and single use plastics
- Good bye to plastic water bottles
- Offer glass jar alternative to plastic bottles with a free water refill station
- Phasing out biodegradable plastic bags
- Sell re-usable cotton bag made by a women’s co-operative
Without the help of our sponsors, the endeavours that we have set out to achieve would not be possible.