- 0306/03/2018https://vancouverisland.surfrider.org/event/world-oceans-day-sidney/2540-2544 Beacon Ave, Sidney, BC V8L 1Y2, Canada: World Ocean’s Day SidneyBeacon Park, Sidney,
- 0806/08/2018https://vancouverisland.surfrider.org/event/world-oceans-day-at-robert-bateman-centre/470 Belleville St, Victoria, BC V8V 1W9, CanadaFriday June 8th: World Ocean’s Day at Robert Bateman CentreRobert Bateman Centre, Inner Harbour, 5-7:30pm
- 1006/10/2018https://vancouverisland.surfrider.org/event/lime-bay-beach-cleanup/205 Kimta Rd, Victoria, BC V9A 6T5, Canada
Our next beach cleanup is on Sunday, June 10th, 2018 from 11 am to 1 pm at Lime Bay. We will be providing supplies, but if you could bring your own buckets or cloth reusable bags, and reusable gloves (non-plastic) that would be helpful. Snacks will be provided!
More details to come or check out the event on the SFVI Facebook events page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/surfridervi/events/
Come out to our June monthly chapter meeting. Meet new people and hear about all our upcoming events and ways you can get involved. We can’t wait to see you!
Meeting Place TBD. Check our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/surfridervi/events/
Ban the Bag Victory Party!
Join us in the beautiful Fort Common to learn about the new BYO Bag initiative and other ways you can reduce plastic waste in Victoria.
• Winners of the BYO Bag Video Contest will be announced!
• Live music featuring Vince Vacarro!
• Low-waste trivia, prizes and more!
When: Wednesday, June 27, 5:00-7:00
Where: Fort Common, 1017 Blanshard Street
Cost: Join us for this free, family-friendly event!
5:00 Trivia Stations: CRD, Surfrider, Synergy and more
5:15 BYO Bag Video Contest Winners Announced
5:30 Cake and refreshments
5:45 Enjoy a free concert by Vince Vacarro!
New City Bylaw Effective July 1, 2018.
Learn more: www.victoria.ca/reusablebags