- 0104/01/2017https://vancouverisland.surfrider.org/event/bcu-transect-and-water-quality-sampling/1515 Whiffin Spit Rd, Sooke, BC V9Z 0T4, Canada
Every month we get together and conduct a beach transect and water quality test. We preform this activity before the monthly beach cleanup. If you are interested in helping with this, please contact Lynn at
- 0504/05/2017https://vancouverisland.surfrider.org/event/st-margarets-school-service-day-beach-cleanup-and-water-quality-workshop/2522 Sinclair Rd, Victoria, BC V8N 1B4, Canada
No additional detail for this event.
- 0504/05/2017https://vancouverisland.surfrider.org/event/vsta/#200 - 4248 Glanford Ave Victoria, BC
Victoria Sewage Treatment Alliance is holding their meeting! They welcome Surfrider volunteers. E-mail Gillian if you would like to go! firstname.lastname@example.org
- 0904/09/2017https://vancouverisland.surfrider.org/event/whiffin-spit-beach-cleanup/1666 Whiffin Spit Rd, Sooke, BC V9Z 0T8, Canada
No additional detail for this event.
- 1204/12/2017https://vancouverisland.surfrider.org/event/monthly-chapter-meeting/1417 Broad St, Victoria, BC V8W 2B2 Canada
Please join us for our monthly Surfrider chapter meeting at Coastline Surf and Sport on Broad St. We will be discussing the recent decision made by council based on the staff report to phase in a bag ban or mandatory levy. We support a Ban! This will be a huge victory for us! BUT, the plastic industry is fighting hard to make sure this does not happen. Please come out and learn how you can get involved and help us win this campaign!
- 2004/20/2017https://vancouverisland.surfrider.org/event/a-plastic-ocean-film-screening/808 Douglas St, Victoria, BC V8W, Canada
Surfrider VI and MEC presents an Earth Day Screening of the film: A Plastic Ocean on April 20th. This is a must see film with an important message. Please join us!
About the film:
A Plastic Ocean is an epic global adventure following a documentary filmmaker and a world record free-diver as they travel the earth discovering the shocking impact plastic is having on our oceans and the marine animals that live there. The film investigates how our addiction to plastic is impacting the food chain and how that is effecting every one of us through new and developing human health problems. The expedition leads the two adventurers to unusual scientific discoveries, heart-breaking truths and important solutions to one of the biggest problems confronting mankind.
Tickets are $5 and there will be door prizes as well as local beer and wine. More details to come!
- 2204/22/2017https://vancouverisland.surfrider.org/event/sixpack-sup-race-series/Six Mile Rd, View Royal, BC, Victoria, British Columbia V9B 5Z6
The SixPack SUP Race Series consists of 6 races on Vancouver Island between April and September. Offering races for all age and level of paddlers. Check the FB page for race start times!
EVENT DETAILS SUBJECT TO CHANGE If you have any questions, concerns, comments, see any missing or conflicting info or feedback to help us run a smooth event don’t hesitate to contact us – email@example.com
Online – $20 + $1.50
Day of race $25
Thetis Lake (Main Beach)
Parking by the beach is limited but there is room to drop off your board and gear and then park back in the main parking lot. It is pay parking at Thetis Lake beginning on May 1st. $2.25 / day or $20 for a season’s pass (available at the ticket machine in the main lot).
- 3004/30/2017https://vancouverisland.surfrider.org/event/royal-bay-beach-park-cleanup/3548 Metchosin Rd, Victoria, BC V9C 3A1, Canada
In partnership with the Royal Bay Community, Surfriver Vancouver Island will be doing a cleanup of the beach located in the Royal Bay Beach Park (at the corner of Metchosin Rd & Latoria Blvd).
We will provide the gloves/bags/buckets, all you need to do is show up!
More details to come!